GEICO is a insurance company that provides a comprehensive insurance portfolio to its customers. The company has partnered with Europ Assistance USA to provide identity protection services to GEICO account holders. While GEICO offers better identity protection solutions than most other insurance agencies, it still lacks some of the key features (e.g., online transparency, antivirus protection, etc.) common to top identity theft protection companies.
- Credit Monitoring:(Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian)
- 24/7 Credit Report and Access
- 24-hour Identity Monitoring and Internet Scanning for Personal Info
- Online Anti-Phishing and Anti-Keylogging Protection
- Certified Resolution Specialists Available 24 hours per day
GEICO’s partnership with Europ Assistance USA offers a high-quality product at low costs. GEICO customers can pay as little as $9.99 a month for GEICO’s family plan, which covers the primary account holder, a spouse, and up to four dependents. Unlike most other insurance companies offering identity protection plans, GEICO does not require that new subscribers are existing policyholders. One may purchase their protection regardless of if they hold a policy with GEICO or not. The GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program includes the following benefits:
GEICO’s identity recovery assistance includes a Limited Power of Attorney clause, which allows GEICO to act on the legal behalf of its customers who have had their identities stolen.
- No Insurance Information Provided
- 5 Years Identity Theft Experience
- No Antivirus Software Included
Ironically enough, GEICO (an insurance firm) does not offer identity theft protection insurance to help customers recover their identity, whereas many competitors in the industry will spend up to $1 million to cover the costs of your identity theft (legal fees, etc.). GEICO’s efforts focus primarily on protection and detection, but the lack of an insurance policy, along with its lack of identity restoration services, might encourage customers to look elsewhere.
Another important missing feature is antivirus protection. While anti-phishing and anti-keylogging software are useful tools to prevent crooks from stealing your information, antivirus protection is a surefire way to stop malicious software from gaining access to your private files and information. Few identity protection companies have true antivirus software, but this is a feature that sets top-performing companies apart from the rest.
- Single Plan – $7.99/month OR $79/year
- The primary individual receives all of the listed benefits provided, but dependent children and a spouse can receive the resolution services in the incident of identity theft.
- Couple Plan – $8.99/month OR $89/year
- In the Couple Plan, the primary member AND listed spouse/partner will receive the Proactive credit monitoring, credit reports, Transunion credit score and all features in the prevention, detection and resolution services. Dependent children will also receive resolution services is they become victims to identity fraud.
- Family Plan – $9.99/month OR $99/year
- The Family Plan offers all of the same benefits as the Couple Plan, but it also covers up to four dependents of the primary account holder.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take our accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Give feedback here.