ITAC's Identity Theft Assistance Center, a branch of Intersections Inc., is a nonprofit organization of financial services companies that came together with the goal of protecting their consumers from identity theft. ITAC started in 2004 and since then has helped tens of thousands victims restore their financial identities. ITAC Sentinel offers their ITAC Victim Assistance program to all consumers.
ITAC Sentinel uses Internet Surveillance which helps reduce your risk of identity theft online by continuously searching the Internet for signs that your registered bank accounts, credit accounts and Social Security Number are potentially at risk. Identity thieves frequently use chat rooms, news groups, File Transfer Protocol sites and other online forums to buy and sell stolen credit information.
ITAC Sentinel covers all identity protection bases in their basic package, and make sure you have at least the minimum of a 360 identity protection service. For $9.99 you receive one credit report and score with quarterly updates, as well as a 1-bureau credit monitoring. They also provide both protection and restoration for your identity which includes:
|$8.99 - $26.99
|$12.95 - $19.95
- Internet Surveillance
- Card Theft Protection
- ITAC Victim Assistance
- Credit Analyzer
- Identity Theft Insurance
With ITAC you also have an option to save money if you plan on keeping their identity protection service long term. Instead of paying $9.99 monthly, you can pay a yearly subscription for $99.90 and save $19.98.
In TAC Sentintel’s identity theft insurance policy there is a $250 deductible, which basically means that you have to pay $250 out of your own pocket before they will step in to pay the rest. Typically the cost to recover an identity doesn’t amount to more than this, therefore you will end up paying for your own recovery instead of this insurance policy. This is very deceiving to people, therefore we have taken off some points from their Insurance Quality.
ITAC Sentinel does not have a full-serviced lost wallet protection, but they do offer card theft protection. This protection will do some things lost wallet provides, but not everything. Card Theft Protection uses their team to cancel/and or reissue your credit cards if you lose your wallet. You can also request up to $2,000 in emergency cash and they will track your credit card information to make sure nobody has already used it for their own convenience. Nothing in this service gives information regarding restoring your driver’s license, Social Security cards, insurance cards, checkbooks, etc. Also, another minor negative thing about ITAC is the fact that they don’t offer any trial period.
The Bottom Line
ITAC Sentinel is a good company and is indicated so by their A+ BBB Rating. Their basic package doesn’t allow a consumer to access full benefits, but it does allow them to experience an extent to both protection and restoration with identity theft services, which many basic packages with other companies don’t allow. For a full-serviced protection ITAC Sentinel isn’t the best priced compared to other companies in the industry.
ITAC Sentinel – $9.99/month
- 1-Bureau Credit Score and Report: ITAC Sentinel provides members with their Equifax credit report to track their credit history
- Quarterly Credit Updates: Every three months, you can access your most updated credit report
- 1-Bureau Credit Monitoring with Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor your Equifax credit report and alert you by phone, email, text or mail if there is suspicious activity occurring on your file
- Internet Surveillance: This feature reduces your risk of identity theft online by continuously scanning the Internet for signs that your identity has been compromised through File Transfer Protocol sites, chat rooms or news groups
- Card Theft Protection: If an ITAC Sentinel member calls the ITAC Sentinel team and reports a lost or stolen wallet, they will assist in cancelling and reissuing your credit cards, and up to $2,000 will be available for emergency cash
- ITAC Victim Assistance: An ITAC Victim Assistance professional will help members every step of the way. They will:
- Review your current credit report to find evidence of identity fraud
- Notify each of the creditors to start the identity theft investigation
- Assist in placing a fraud alert on your file with each of the credit bureaus
- Deliver the case file and affidavit data to appropriate law enforcement
- Provide you with a summary of the interview process to make follow-ups easier
- Toll-Free Customer Service: You can call ITAC Sentinel to answer questions about your membership plan or credit information
- Credit Analyzer: A finance tool that allows you to predict financial outcomes
- $2,500 Identity Theft Insurance: Identity theft victims may be reimbursed up to $2,500 in expenses (with a $250 deductible)
ITAC Sentinel Plus – $12.99/month
All features in the ITAC Sentinel plan are included in the Plus plan as well as the listed benefits below:
- 3-in-1 Credit Report and Score: With this upgraded plan, you can get access to a credit report and credit scores based on the data from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
- 3-Bureau Credit Monitoring and Alerts: ITAC Sentinel will monitor you credit reports from all three credit reporting bureaus and alert you by phone, email, text or mail to warn you of potential identity fraud
- $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance: The Plus plan allows victims up to $20,000 in expense reimbursement after a $250 deductible
ITAC Sentinel Premium – $17.99/month
All features in the ITAC Sentinel plan are included in the Premium plan as well as the listed benefits below:
- 3-Bureau Credit Report and Score: The Premium plan allows members to access to their easy-to-read credit report and credit scores based on information from all three credit bureaus
- Public Record Report and Monitoring: This feature provides a summary of public information with your personal information such as your name, address, vehicle registrations, criminal records, personal property, court records, bankruptcy and more
- $20,000 Identity Theft Insurance: As mentioned in the ITAC Sentinel Plus package
Identity Theft Insurance
Covered expenses include:
- Lost wages up to $2,000 per week for 5 weeks
- Notarizing affidavits or similar documents
- Long distance calls and postage
- Attorney fees (with prior consent from AIG)
- Spousal, Elder or child care up to $2,000
- Travel expenses up to $1,000
Definition of Stolen Identity Event:
“The fraudulent use of your name, address, Social Security number, bank or credit card account number or other personally identifying information or other method of identifying you. This includes, but is not limited to, the fraudulent use of your personal identity to establish credit accounts, secure loans, enter into contracts or commit crimes. Stolen identity event shall include Medical identity theft [which is] theft of the insured’s personal or health insurance information to obtain medical treatment, pharmaceutical services or medical insurance coverage.”
Members must report the Stolen Identity Event no later than 90 days of discovery. This insurance policy is excess over other insurances including homeowner’s or renter’s insurance. Members can cancel their service any time by calling 1-888-283-1970.
Are there any inaccuracies in this review? We take accuracy very seriously and would love your feedback. Visit our Request Reconsideration page and send us your feedback today!